The Answer Is Yes We Can!
Embassy of Man is a UK Registered Charity (1095202) which was set up in 2003 by Minhaz Manji (Owner of Express by Holiday Inn Hotels in the UK).
We support local and International Charities and organisations by donating tangible goods.
To see some of the many charities we have supported, please see below and take a look on our LATEST NEWS page. There is also a gallery page where you can see lots of photos of the equipment donated.
- Rainbows Hospice for Children based in the East Midlands
- Broadway Homeless Charity Shepherd’s Bush, London
- Polka children’s Theatre Wimbledon, London
- Motability, a wonderful charity who give grants to disabled people to help them get get mobile
- Pedal Power is a local Cardiff charity based in Pontcanna Caravan Park
- Chestnut Tree House – Only children’s hospice in Sussex providing specialist care to 227 children.
- My Voice –Organisation in South London in which young people achieve their full potential by preparing them for adult life and educational opportunities.
- Action for Children – Phoenix Poject is a local project based in Merton, South London who work closely with young people and their families to prevent family breakdowns
- North London Hospice.
- Me & Dee- Charity based in Burton upon Trent;
- Werewolves of London; Special Needs ice hockey programme for children and adults who have learning difficulties.
- Hamilton Lodge School for Deaf Children in Brighton
- Sussex Beacon; Care Centre in Brighton for men and Women with HIV/Aids
- St Anne’s School in Merton: Day school for children and young adults who have severe learning difficulties.
- SSAFA Forces Help who look after wounded soldiers and ex service men and women.
- Tŷ Hafan, the family hospice for young lives in Wales.
- Phoenix Children’s Foundation based in Ibstock, Leicestershire who raise funding for disabled and chronically sick children in the UK.
- Derby Open Day Centre who are a small charity based in Normanton, Derby who work with schools in the area whose aim is to support community cohesion to help children and adults understand the many different communities that make up cities today.
- Kings Cross Baptist Church –ongoing support £100 month towards fruit for users of the Drop In Centre run by the Kings Cross Baptist Church.
- Various medical equipment to the Shooting Star Children’s Hospice in Hampton
- Swindon Women’s Aid Hostel, items baby monitors, cots and mattresses
- 50 mosquito nets to The Uganda Project in Cardiff
- Kiya Survivors – Ongoing support to cover the cost of maintenance for the Early Bird Centre Click here to read more
- A generator much needed by the Gangodawilla Girls Home, a Charity for girls orphaned in the Tsunami (see our latest newsletter for more information)
- The Preda Foundation – Funds were raised to build a Boys Home and Training Centre in Olongapo City in the Philippines. This was completed last year and funds were raised by Embassy of man hosting a spectacular event called the Ambassadors Ball ..Read More (see newsletter 12 July 08)
How You Can Help…
Charities we have supported
LATCH Welsh Cancer Charity in Cardiff
Trinity Hospice London
Deen City Farm, Morden, South London
The Meningitis Society
The Children’s Trust, Tadworth
The Alzheimer’s Society, Swindon
Stonham part of the Home Group Housing Association, Swindon
Children’s Safety Education Foundation, Swindon
St Anne’s School Merton
Werewolves of London Ice Hockey Group
Sussex Beacon Care Centre
The Wandle Trust
Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group
SSAFA Forces Help who look after wounded soldiers and ex service men and women.
Holiday Inn Express Staff delivered Christmas presents to pupils at St Anne’s School in Merton. St Anne’s is a day school for children aged between 3 to 19 years of age who have severe learning difficulties.
Vision 21 – Cardiff based Charity supporting people with learning needs
Derby Open Centre – small Derby based charity whose aim is to support community cohesion
Ty Hafan Children’s Hospice, Cardiff – £500 towards their Toy Library
Down’s Syndrome Association – Electric Drill and Laminator
Phoenix Children’s Foundation, Ibstock, Leicestershire -various items
Kings Cross Baptist Church
St George’s Hospital Tooting
Swindon Women’s Aid Hostel
The Uganda Project
Calderdale Visual Impairment Service
Gangodawilla Girls Home
The Preda Foundation
Starlight Children’s Foundation
Chase Hospice Care
‘Cry In the Dark’
TWIGS (Therapeutic Work in Gardening in Swindon)